This is a blended learning course for the Beginning Teacher Assistance Program, modified for the Fort Zumwalt School District. Participants will be working both face-to-face and virtually to complete the activities and share their learning online over 4 weeks.
The Beginning Teacher Assistance Program (BTAP) is designed to support teachers new to the profession by providing a solid foundation in the following areas:
- Classroom management techniques
- Time, space, transitions and activities management
- Awareness of diverse classroom, school and community cultures
Student Engagement and Motivation
- Effective instruction
- Clear learning goals and/or objectives
- Student voice and choice
- Teaching and learning activities with high student engagement
- Effective communication with students, mentors, colleagues and parents;
- Verbal and nonverbal communication techniques; and
- Effective use of technology and social media for communication
- Certification requirements
- Professional rights and responsibilities
- Self-assessment and professional learning
This course satisfies the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Beginning Teacher Assistance Program (BTAP) requirement for participation in a university/college-sponsored mentoring program. Certificates of attendance will be provided when course is complete.
Customized professional development for SAMR and ISTE Student Standards - September 2016
CPD (Customized Professional Development) for the Bayless School District Administrative Team. This long-term academy meets 5 times during the 2016-17 school year. Specific outcomes include digital leadership, and technology integration using SAMR, digital citizenship and ISTE Standards.